Christmas is just around the corner and what better way to add a bit of fun and festivity to the season than by decorating your home! Australian author and interior stylist Megan Morton is the go-to lady for all things style and inspiration and she will be sharing her fail safe tips for chic festive season decorating here in Canberra at the Canberra Centre this Saturday morning (head here for tickets). I had the opportunity to ask her a few Christmas styling questions ahead of her masterclass to help get us in the festive spirit.
1. What can we expect at your upcoming masterclass this Saturday?
The most beautiful ideas you can do right now with things you have at home! Christmas is my all time favourite time of the year so I am thrilled to be able to share some pre-concepts we can all easily get to at this busy time of year.
2. Do you believe that the way we style and decorate our homes at Christmas time has an important role to play in creating memories?
Most definitely! I believe that effort never goes unappreciated for all ages. Its not about ‘styling’ its about effort. My ideas will hopefully inspire you to blend the two!
3. What is your favourite Christmas styling trend for 2017?
A return to classics. simple, meaningful and beautiful. What the world needs now is a group hug, and Christmas is the time to really do this formally and informally.
4. For those of us on a budget or looking to purchase less, what’s your favourite DIY Christmas styling tip?
Come on Saturday as I will show you in real time and you will love it and be amazed!
5. Can you tell us about what Christmas in your home looks like?
It looks like a big red hot mess – a mix of old mercury decorations, Indian sari trims as bunting, hand made bonbons with french caramels and Japanese tiny treats. I have my eldest daughter back from Boarding School so I am so so happy about having my family all back together. I am a terrible cook, so decorating really is my casserole!
What: Megan Morton: The Festive Table Masterclass
When: 11-12pm Saturday 9 December 2017
Where: Monaro Mall, Canberra Centre
Tickets: Available here